Adventure Parks & Treetop Obstacle Courses
Slide, balance, jump, crawl, dash, swing or stroll. Adventure parks combine the novelty of being high above the ground with physical challenge. Popular in Europe for many years, Adventure Parks blend static high ropes course elements with zip lines, climbing walls, bridges, and occasionally via ferrata.
A variety of course models exists, ranging from full-guided explorations to semi-guided and self-guided adventures. From pole-based courses located at your local zoo or beachfront to multi-stage tree-based adventure parks that blend challenge elements with the opportunity to explore the wild, the possibilities are nearly endless.
Treetop Obstacle Course and Adventure Park designs can be tailored to a range of experiences from outings that require only moderate exertion and allow participants to traverse and explore the canopy to physically demanding and emotionally challenging aerial obstacle courses that becon participants to return and improve their performance (akin to climbing gyms).
- Market Segmentation: Youth, Young & Free, Middle-Income and Affluent Family, Active Baby Boomers, and Active Seniors
- Restrictions: Ages 4 and older; Weight limits: TBD
Adventure Parks and Treetop Obstacle Courses are enhanced by reasonably dense forests or, in the case of steel and pole courses, sites with distinctive topography and good views.
- Duration: 1.5 to 3.0 hours
- Number of Elements: 20 to 150+
- Land: 3 - 10 acres
- Avg. Price: $20.00 to $60.00/person (depending on market and scope of project)
- Avg. Annual Attendance: 20,000 to 40,000
TYPICAL COURSE FEATURES
- Timber-framed or steel-framed platforms designed to expand to accomodate tree growth; frames have a 15- to 30-year lifespan.
- Attachment systems with proven, tree-friendly record
- Designed to meet the most recent version of the ACCT standards and ASTM
- High user engagement with high revisitation rate
- Smart-belay, conitnuous attachment system for participants and staff
- Full-body harnesses and helmets
EXAMPLE LOCATIONS: Smugglers' Notch/Stowe, Vermont
ALSO KNOW AS: high ropes course, aerial adventure course, treetop trekking, aerial trekking
To learn more about having ArborTrek Canopy Adventure develop an adventure park or treetop obstacle course at your site, contact Michael Smith at (248) 481-2568.