Please take a few minutes to read the following passage to learn more about our information practices including what information we gather, for what purpose it is collect, how the information is used, and with whom it will be shared.
Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information for two reasons:
- Information helps us to understand our customers and potential customers and to deliver better products, customize content, and provide a higher level of customer service, saving you time and money.
- Information helps us to protect both you and our other customers from fraud. Through the collection of personal information, we can help to prevent such unacceptable behaviours.
What information we collect and how we may use it
There are many situations in which your personal information is collected on ArborTrek. Here are a few examples:
- When you make a purchase at our store. Personal information is collected to provide us the means to complete the financial transaction and to ship goods.
- When you make a reservation or book services. Personal information is collected to provide us the means to complete the financial transaction and to secure staff to deliver the scheduled program.
- When you write a comment, post testimonials, photos or videos; or rate a tour, we may ask for your personal information to validate you are who you say you are and to prevent unwanted spam or harmful messages.
- When you place an inquiry regarding services, marketing materials, or requests for proposal we ask for you personal information so we might contact you back.
- We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve our products and services, or to educate the community about zip-line and canopy tour operations, usage, trends, and so forth.
Publicly displayed information is public
If you use the web 2.0 features of the site, post comments, add listings, or upload media, you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit through one of these channels can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. ArborTrek is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in through these channels.
When we disclose your information
ArborTrek takes your privacy very seriously. ArborTrek does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
Within our company - ArborTrek
With our service providers, vendors, and strategic partners.
There are also times when it may be advantageous for ArborTrek to make certain personal information about you available to companies that ArborTrek has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for ArborTrek, to provide products and services to you on our behalf. These companies may help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with our policies, except if we inform you otherwise at the time of collection.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
How we protect your personal information
ArborTrek takes precautions - including administrative, technical, and physical measures - to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers.
Cookies and other technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click stream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
In some of our email messages we use a "click-through URL" linked to content on ArborTrek websites. vWhen customers click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. vIf you prefer not to be tracked simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
We use remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Along with third-party vendors, including Google and DoubleClick, we use first-party and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on user's past visits to our website. We do not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from third-party vendors. If you wish to opt-out from Google Analytics collection of information, please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Our commitment to your privacy
ArborTrek takes protecting your privacy very seriously. To make sure your personal information is secure; we communicate these guidelines to all of our employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.