To join us in the trees for a zip line canopy tour adventure, call (802) 644-9300 or book online now by clicking on either the group or individual tour reservation button below. If in searching for a date you do not find what you need, please contact us. For guests with groups or 9 or more, please call for assistance, complete our online group request form, or select seats over multiple tours using our online booking engine.
The following rates are for individuals and small groups. Groups of 8 or more, paying in one transaction should call (802) 644-9300 or download the appropriate guide below.
ALL-DAY AWESOME ADVENTURE
Arbor's Wild Ride (8 zip lines, 2 sky bridges, 2 rappels)
ZIP LINE CANOPY TOUR
Arbor's Wild Ride (8 zip lines, 2 sky bridges, 2 rappels)
Arbor's Wild Winter Ride (6 zip lines, 2 sky briges, 1 rappel)
Arbor's Express (3 zip lines, 1 rappel)
TREETOP OBSTACLE COURSE
General Admission - Full Course Access
Young Child - Access Limited to Apple Creek Area
One Hour, Unlimited Climbs
TEAMBUILDING PROGRAMS & GROUP RATES
For team building pricing and group rates, please call us at (802) 644-9300 or download the appropriate guide below.
Discounts and Specials
Ongoing Discounts and Specials
Smugglers’ Notch Guests, Season Pass Holders and Bash Pass Holders
Receive 10% OFF per person before taxes are applied.
Groups of 8 or more
Receive an additional 10% OFF per person when you book a group of 8 or more people and pay in one transaction. Not valid with all promotions. Call for more details and to have the discount applied.
Recieve an additional 10% OFF per person. Discount may not be applied to third-party offers or other promotions exceeding 20%.
Receive 50% OFF per person with proof of position. Must be an active teacher in the State of Vermont serving at a private or public school, college, university, or academy. One per customer. Not valid with other promotions. Must call to book.
Active military personnel receive 10% OFF before taxes and fees are applied. Must call to have discount applied.
Boy Scounts & Girl Scouts
All Scouts who participate in ArborTrek adventures in their full Scout uniform will receive 10% off their tour. Stackable with all other discounts except Group Rates.
Hours of Operation
ArborTrek Canopy Adventures at Smugglers’ Notch is open year round by reservation. While we try to accomodate walk-ins to the best of our ability, the zip line canopy tour often books up early. The new treetop obstacle course and climbing adventure are generally more accomodating to walk-ins, although we still encourage reservations.
Rough guidelines are provided below for the zip line canopy tour. The treetop obstacle course and climbing adventure are open everyday in the summer and weekends in the spring and fall to walk-ins. Weekday events are available in the spring and fall by reservation. For specifics, please view our online booking system or call (802) 644-9300.
|Jan 1 -
|Apr 8 -
|Jun 8 -
|Sep 3 -
|Nov 1 -
|Dec 19 -
Cancellation & Refunds
When you book a tour, you are arranging for a program that requires us to reserve course space and equipment and to hire and train guides and support staff. When you cancel or reschedule, we often incur the same costs and may have turned people away. For this reason we require 14 days notice for cancellations and rescheduling for groups of less than 8 and 30 days notice for cancellation and rescheduling for groups of 8 or more. Participants who cancel a reservation for any reason with more than 14 days notice (30 days for groups of 8 or more) will receive a full refund less a 20% non-refundable booking deposit. Participants may make one date change outside of 14 days (30 days for groups of 8 or more) without fee. No refund will be provided with less than 14 days notice.
Participants should carefully review all program requirements and tour restrictions prior to booking. In booking, group leaders and all participants acknowledge that the final screening process will take place on-site upon arrival. Guides are authorized to deny any guest participation if they fail to meet any of the participation requirements, or if it is deemed they might pose a risk to themselves, other members of the group, or our staff. No refunds will be issued if participants are denied access to the course for failure to meet screening or participation requirements (including exceeding the maximum weight requirement), choose to depart the course early, or are removed from the course for their inability to follow guide instructions or to participate safely.
Please arrive with adequate time before your scheduled departure to use restrooms and complete waivers. We recommend allowing 15-30 minutes. Our Zip Line Canopy Tours are fully-guided and must depart promptly. No refunds will be issued if you arrive late and your Zip Line Canopy Tour has departed without you. If vacancies are available on later tours that day, we will attempt to reschedule you.
For the Treetop Obstacle Course, the length of time on course is based upon arriving on time. Those who arrive late will have less time on the course. If we have a waiting list, reserved spots will be offered to those on the waiting list at the time of the scheduled departure. If vacancies are available later in the day, we will attempt to reschedule you for a later launch. Full or partial refunds will not be provided to those who fail to arrive on time.
If you are delayed, please call us at (802) 644-9300 and let us know of your delay. Without an early notification, schedules often cannot be adjusted or delayed.
Bad Weather Policy
We operate the Zip Line Canopy Tour, Treetop Obstacle Course, Climbing Adventure, and Teambuilding Programs rain or shine. Rarely must tours or programs be cancelled due to inclement weather. During periods of electrical storms, heavy icing, or high winds or extreme cold, we will first delay the tour or program. Cancellations are a last option. In the event that we must cancel a tour or program, we will provide you the option of a full refund or reschedule you. If you have completed part of the course and the course must be closed due to inclement weather, the cost of the tour will be prorated and refunds issued, or we will work to reschedule you to complete the tour at another time. If you have questions about the weather, please call. We will only call you if we know the tour you are scheduled on will definitely need to be cancelled or rescheduled.
Note: Some of the most memorable tours come during or after storms. Coming well prepared with multiple layers helps ensure a positive experience in any weather.
Tour Preparation Checklist
Our tours at Smugglers' Notch Resort in Jeffersonville, Vermont take 1.5 to 3.0 hours to complete. On the canopy tour, most of this time is spent on the course which is located some distance from the Welcome Center and other facilities. Please arrive prepared to be outdoors for up to 3.0 hours as we run rain or shine. While the aerial adventure park is located in proximity to the Welcome Center, participants who remove their harness must be re-inspected by a guide prior to re-entering the course.
Our program begin promptly at the scheduled time. We recommend arriving 15-30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time. During the warmer months, yard games and picnic tables are available. Hiking trails and disc golf depart from right next to the Welcome Center. In the Winter, cross country ski access is available for Smugglers' Notch Resort Guests and Pass holders.
What to Wear:
Guests should come dressed for the weather and be prepared to be outside in the elements for the duration of the tour. We recommend wearing several layers as conditions on the courses can change during the span of the tour. Consideration should be given to the type of progrm: in general, the zip line canopy tour is a passive activity; the tree top obstacle course and climbing are highly active; and teambuilding sessions revolve back and forth between periods of activity and passivity.
- Warm Weather (60˚F or above): Light pants or long shorts, long- or short-sleeved shirt, wind jacket, sturdy, closed-toe shoes or light hiking boots, rain gear, bug repellant, and sunscreen.
- Cool Weather (30˚F to 60˚F): Long underwear, turtleneck or long-sleeved shirt; sweatshirt, sweater or fleece jacket; long pants, light-weight jacket, athletic shoes or light hiking boots, light fleece or wool gloves, and rain gear.
- Cold Weather (30˚F and below): All cool weather gear plus a pair of insulated, waterproof boots, winter-weight jacket, ski pants, neck warmer, fleece or wool hat, ski goggles or wrap-around sun glasses with retainer strap.
- For best comfort in the harnesses, we recommend long pants or longer shorts. Shirts should be long enough to tuck into the pants to prevent the harness from rubbing on the skin.
- Guests with long hair should bring a hair tie or clip to pull their hair back.
- Sun glasses or ski goggles are recommended during cold weather and on days where rain or snow is predicted. We recommend that all glasses be secured with a retainer strap.
- Dress prepared for periods of activity and inactivity.
- Guests must wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes or boots. Sandals, flip flops, slip-ons, barefoot running shoes, and Crocs are NOT acceptable and guests without proper footwear will be turned away without refund.
- ArborTrek cannot be responsible for lost or stolen goods on the tour. Please leave all valuables including jewelry at home.
What to Bring:
- An adventurous spirit
- Cameras and video cameras with retaining straps are welcome. We do not recommend bringing cameras or cell phones that do not have secure retaining straps as it is not always possible to retrieve dropped objects from below the tour. While cameras are allowed on the Treetop Obstacle Course, the risk of damage to the camera is higher. ArborTrek
- All sunscreen and bug repellant must be applied prior to the start of the tour and may not be reapplied once the harnesses and equipment have been put on.
- Necessary medications. Our courses traverse areas with limited access where advanced medical help could be some time away. Please bring with you all the medication that might be immediately necessary to prevent onset of a more serious condition such as asthma inhalers, nitroglycerine pills, EpiPens, insulin, etc.
- Food, water, and snacks for before or after the program. Picnic tables and lawn games are available at the Welcome Center during warmer months. You are welcome to hang out, enjoy the views, and watch others as they prepare for the Zip Line Canopy Tour or make their way through the Treetop Obstacle Course.
- Money to purchase ArborTrek gear and to tip your guides. 8-10% is the customary gratuity.
What Not to Bring:
- Pets. No accommodations will be made for pets on the tour or at the ArborTrek Welcome Center. Please leave pets at home. The only exception to this policy is for trained leader dogs or animals. If you require the assistance of a leader dog or animal, we request you provide us advanced notice.
- Smoking and chewing tobacco, alcohol, or drugs are not allowed on the tour or on the grounds.
- Food and chewing gum are not allowed on the courses. Picnic tables and benches are available for use before and after the program.
- Backpacks, hip sacks, and purses are not allowed on the Zip Line Canopy Tour or Treetop Obstacle Course because they can distort balance and cause participants to invert while traversing lines.
- Cell phones are permitted on course, however, we respectfully request that you place your phone on airplane mode to prevent interruptions that could impact the wilderness experience others are seeking. ArborTrek cannot be responsible for dropped or damaged cell phones. All cell phones are brought at the owner's risk.
The Zip Line Canopy Tour is located more than a mile from the ArborTrek Welcome Center and is not easily accessed by trail from our location. Guests who are not participating in the tour are welcome to stop by, but they will not be allowed to travel along on the ground below the tour. The Treetop Obstacle Course and Climbing Adventure are located within proximity to the Welcome Center, but is positioned along an environmentally-sensitive stream. Participants who wish to observe, will be asked to remain on designated trails. To enter areas marked as hard helmet only, observers will be required to rent an approved climbing helmet.
Other activities are available at Smugglers’ Notch Resort and in the area for guests who prefer to remain on the ground. Guests traveling with children who are too young to participate in the tour are encouraged to contact Smugglers' Notch Resort about their award-winning youth programs and camps. For children 6 weeks to age 3, ask about Treasures Childcare Center when booking your vacation!
Participant Requirements and Tour Restrictions
The adventure challenge programs at ArborTrek are designed for participants in moderate to good health with average to good mobility. We recommend participants familiarize themselves witht the requirements, restrictions, and risks of each program prior to committing. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at (802) 644-9300.
ALL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- All participants must agree to and sign a participant agreement. Participants under the age of 18 must have a signed agreement by a parent or legal, court-assigned guardian.
- All of our courses incorporate short nature walks at various inclines on unpaved trails, which participants must be able to complete.
- Participants must be able to understand and comply with instructions in English or bring their own translator.
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are required.
The Zip Line Canopy Tour is the least physically demanding of our adventure challenge programs, but it is also the most remote. For most of the tour, participants are elevated high in the forest canopy above a mountain stream, some distance from the ArborTrek Welcome Center and Resort Village.
- Weight: 70 – 250 lbs. (< 5'4", max weight is 220 lbs.; < 5'0" max weight is 180 lbs.); Must fit properly into the harness and other protective equipment. All participants will be weighed on a calibrated scale prior to entering the course. Failure to meet requirements will result in forfeiture of tour and no refund will be provided. Weight limits have been set by the manufacturer and our insurance company for your safety and ours.
- Minimum Height: 48 inches
- Age Requirements: Must be at least 8 years old; children under age 16 must be accompanied on the tour by a parent or legal guardian; children under age 11 are not allowed on the tour without a 1:1 ratio of parent to child.. If this 1:1 ratio is not possible, it may be necessary to hire an additional guide at the rate of $65.00. Please call 802-644-9300 to discuss options with the Course Manager. All children must be able to participate independently of the adult.
- Ground School: Prior to embarking on the course proper, participants must complete a short training at our Ground School by demonstrating the ability to observe and respond to guide signals, control their speed by applying downward pressure with a gloved hand to a steel cable, maintain proper zip-lining posture, and to pull themselves along a short length of cable.
- Independence: Participants must be able to perform tour activities independent of an aide or parent.
The Treetop Obstacle Course and Climbing Adventures require participants to step, balance, jump, swing, and pull themselves up or along elements. Participants engaging in these activities should be prepared for a physical challenge.
- Weight: 40-250 lbs.; must fit properly into the harness and other protective equipment.
- Minimum Reach: 66 inches standing with both feet flat on the ground; Participants who cannot reach 66 inches must be accompanied by an adult and can only complete the Apple Creek portion of the course.
- Age Requirements:
Ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult on the course. One adult can accompany 2 children, ages 8 to 12 years or 1 child, age 4 to 7 years.
Ages 4 to 7 years, or those who do not weigh at least 70 lbs. are limited to the Apple Creek portion of the course (22 elements).
- Ground School: Prior to embarking on the course proper, participants must demonstrate the dexterity to transfer their SmartBelay lanyard and the ability to observe and respond to guide signals.
- Private Guides: Private guides are available with adequate notice for $65.00/guide/session.
Participants engaging in our climbing programs should be prepared for a physical challenge and note that these activities utilize auto-belay technology, meaning should they fall, or upon completion of the climb, they will be automatically lowered to the ground at a controlled rate of descent.
- Weight: 40-250 lbs.; must fit properly into the harness and other protective equipment.
- Minimum Height: While no minimum height is required, routes are designed with teens and adult participants in mind.
- Age Requirements: Ages 4 and up.
Our team building workshops are high-energy events designed to engage participants physically, intellectually, and emotionally. While many of the activities include some physical activity, programs are designed to meet the needs of the group. Participants should come dressed to be active, engaged, and outdoors and prepared for periods of activtiy and inactivity. Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are a requirement.
YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU:
- Are under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or legal drugs that impair you in any way (all courses).
- Are pregnant or think you might be pregnant (treetop obstacle course, climbing, and canopy tour)
- Have recent or recurring neck, back, or musculo-skeletal injuries (treetop obstacle course, climbing, canopy tour)
- Have epilepsy or seizure disorders that do not permit you to drive (treetop obstacle course and canopy tour only)
- Suffer from a heart condition that may require immediate medical attention (treetop obstacle course, canopy tour only)
Map & Directions to ArborTrek Smugglers Notch, VT
From Burlington:Follow 15 East to Jeffersonville. Turn right on Route 108S at Jeffersonville. Follow for 4.5 miles to Edwards Road on the left. Note: Edwards Road intersects with Route 108S twice. Turn left on the second Edwards Road. Drive 0.3 miles and turn right in to ArborTrek.
From 89/Stowe/Waterbury (Summer): Take Exit 10 (I-89) in Waterbury, VT. Follow Route 100N to Stowe. In Stowe, turn left on Route 108 North through Smugglers' Notch Pass to Edwards Road on the right, about 4.5 miles from the top of the pass. Drive 0.3 miles on Edwards Road and turn right in to ArborTrek
From 89/Stowe/Waterbury (Winter): Take Exit 10 (I-89) in Waterbury, VT. Follow Route 100N through Stowe to Morrisville. In Morrisville, pick up Route 15W through Johnson to Jeffersonville. In Jeffersonville, turn left on Route 108 South. Follow for 4.5 miles to Edwards Road on the left. Note: Edwards Road intersects with Route 108S twice. Turn left on the second Edwards Road. Drive 0.3 miles and turn right in to ArborTrek.
From St. Albans: From 89 and St. Albans State Hwy, head south on VT-104 S/Fairfax Rd. for 18 miles. Turn left on Route 15E for 3.0 miles. Turn right onto Church St. at Jeffersonville. Keep right on Route 108 South. Follow for 4.5 miles to Edwards Road on the left. Note: Edwards Road intersects with Route 108S twice. Turn left on the second Edwards Road. Drive 0.3 miles and turn right in to ArborTrek.
From Smugglers' Notch Village: Turn right on Route 108S and drive for 0.6 miles. Turn right on Edwards Road. Drive 0.3 miles and turn right in to ArborTrek.
Give the gift of adventure! ArborTrek eGift Certificates are perfect for almost any occasion: birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's and Father's day, graduation, the Holidays, or just because...
Upon purchased, eGift Certificates will be e-mailed to you in PDF format. Print them and put them in a card or e-mail them to your friends or family. The authorization claim code on the eGift Certificate can be redeemed online or by calling us at (802) 644-9300. Becareful not to lose the authorization claim code. Lost or stolen codes cannot be replaced or redeemed.
Gift cards can be purchased in the following increments:
|$171.25||All-Day Awesome Adventure Package
Zip Line Canopy Tour, Treetop Obstacle Course, Climbing, T-Shirt
(Retail: $160.00, plus 6% sales tax and 1% booking fee)
SAVE 20%: Normally $211.69 including taxes and fees
|$107.01||Zip Line Canopy Tour
(Retail: $99.95, plus 6% sales tax and 1% booking fee)
|$64.24||Treetop Obstacle Course
(Retail: $60.00, plus 6% sales tax and 1% booking fee)
Gift certificates may be redeemed toward the purchase of any ArborTrek/Smugglers’ Notch, LLC tour or program. Gift certificates cannot be applied toward merchandise, food, or beverage orders; cannot be redeemed toward previous purchases; cannot be redeemed to purchase other gift certificates; and cannot be redeemed for cash. Gift certificates are non-refundable and have no cash value. While gift certificates are transferrable, they cannot be redeemed without the authorization claim code or replaced if lost or stolen. Tour prices are subject to change. Gift certificates purchased for the face value of a full tour may not be sufficient to cover the full value of future tours.
RECEIVING YOUR GIFT CERTIFICATES:
When you purchase a gift certificate, we will send you an e-mail confirmation of the purchase along with an e-Gift Certificate. PMake certain to enter the correct e-mail address when you place the order and please be certain to print and save the e-mail. You will need the e-Gift Certificate authorization claim code to redeem the value.
TO REDEEM GIFT CERTIFICATES:
To redeem a gift certificate, please call us at (802) 644-9300 or book online. In either case, the gift card code, which appears on the voucher, is required. To pay online, select your tour type, date, and time. Upon check out, under the header of "Apply Gift Card" make certain to select "ArborTrek/Smugglers' Notch Gift Certificate" and enter the code as it appears on your voucher. A credit card can be entered below to handle any additional balance.
If you have any questions, concerns, or need to check the balance on a card, please call us at (802) 644-9300.